miercuri, 19 septembrie 2018

Adoian Darkeyes Part 5

Adoian woke up in his room. Still being sleepy he looked near the window and saw Savios.

"What are you doing here?" asked Adoian excited.

"Your father called me... He said it was your tutor's idea. So wake up and come quickly, I want to see what is this all about."!

On their way, outside, they saw Starset, one of Adoian older brothers.

"Hi, brother."

"Morning, Adoian. Good luck with your class."

"Thanks."

Adoian briefly saw how his uncle looked at his brother worried. It was like he knew something about his brother that he didn't.

After exiting the house, they met with Emma.

"What's this all about?" asked Adoian.

"I found you a trainer. You said you need someone to train you to stay in the shadow. I kept thinking about it, and your uncle seems a perfect choice. What do you say?"

"Well, if he agrees." looking at Savios.

"This sounds interesting. I will train you with one condition. If you can find me. Let's go to the garden in the labyrinth, I am going to explain myself better there."

Both of them followed Savios to the garden. There they saw the immense labyrinth of the Darkeyes estate. Being 30 feet tall, it was a nightmare to anyone in the family. There were even some legends about this labyrinth. They said that in the heart of the labyrinth there is a treasure, but there are gruesome creatures that guard the place. Adoian knew that his father forbade him and his brothers to enter in it.

"I am not allowed to enter it." said Adoian.

"Then don't. My arts are not something that should be thought to people who play by the rules. I am going to stay there for 1 day. If you want, come and find me. Bye!" And with that Savios seemingly vanished from the eyes of the kids.

"What will you do?" asked Emma.

"Obviously I will enter. There are so many questions that I have for him."

And so Adoian entered his family's labyrinth. But soon after he entered it, something strange happened. It was like there was something in there calling for him. He forgot that he was looking for Savios. He wanted to find out what was in the center of that place. He continued forward for a little bit and then he saw something like a dark snake in front of him. After looking at it more, he realized that in fact, the snake was looking at him, too.

"What could this be? It looks like the illusions that I can make. I shall just go past him."

And so he did. He passed the snake and went deeper and deeper into the labyrinth until he found a note.

"Nice you came. I am waiting for you in the center of the labyrinth. See you there, boy." And a dagger near it.

Adoian took the beautiful dagger that Savios left him. He looked at it and it was beautiful. It was shining, it had a small piece of jewelry on the handle, and the blade was made out of silver. He took the paper again and saw something else on the paper.

"Follow the line, and be cautios for the owl."

"What line?" And then, while looking down he saw something like a golden thread.

"This thread."

And so he did. He followed the thread, but it was very hard. From time to time, when there was a decision to make he saw in the opposite directions treasures, gold, weapons, trinkets even some artifacts that he read about. But he followed the thread. He saw nymphs, small dragons, and other creatures, but he kept following the thread until he heard from far away the song of an owl.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Adoian Darkeyes part 7

"What should I do? I don't have time for thinking, just run Adoian!" Adoian thinks to himself as he starts to run to the exit...