joi, 13 septembrie 2018

Adoian Darkeyes part 3

"The Elven Kingdom is ruled by a king. He receives help from twelve councilors. Your family is in this council. After this circle called the main one comes the secondary circle which consists of some old families who help the twelve. My family is in this circle. And then there is the third circle, which consists of 36 families who are elected by the people to represent them. Those people have the responsibility to find out the needs of the people. They also announce to the people what the king says. Do you have any questions so far?"

"Who actually rules the kingdom? And why the need for such a complicated system? And why should I care about this?"

"The king. To make people more comfortable. And because you were born in a noble family."

"But I don't care about politics."

"Well, unfortunately, you probably won't have a choice. You won't be the family heir but even so, you must learn those things." 

"You know what? I'm bored, we will continue the lesson tomorrow."

Adoian tried to leave the room but as he did, the door and window slammed shut and he remained in the room.

"Until the end of the class, you won't leave this room."

Adoian looked at her with admiration and said:

"How did you do this?"

"This is a simple trick."

"Can you teach me?"

"Let's finish the lesson and we will see after that."

And so the lesson continued revolving around how the elves got here and why King Sartai decided for this type of government.

"I'm tired. Can we stop?"

"You did well for the first lesson. This was an introduction so it took a little bit more, from now on the lessons will take around two hours."

"Can you show me now how to do that?" 

"Go and rest will see about that tomorrow."

Adoian left the room thinking about what a cool prank will that be for his brothers. As he went he sees his oldest brother Fayrun.

"Oh, did you finish your lesson with that Darkblood girl?"

"Someone is jealous that he had his lesson with an elvish elder?"

"Adoian you should be careful not to make me angry. After all, I will be Lord Darkeyes and you, no one."

"Oh! Thank God I won't have that nasty name." 

At that moment, his brother throws a fist at Adoian, which sends him straight to the ground.

"That's your place, Adoian."

"Stop it Fayrun!"

Adoian looked around and saw another one of his elder brothers Dionis.

"Aren't you ashamed of yourself? Hitting our youngest brother? I won't let you spoil the name of our family anymore with that kind of behaviour. If you want a fight, try me." 

"Dionis. You will pay too." And he left.

"Adoian, you should not make Fayrun that angry. You might have a lot to suffer because of him." 

"I don't like the way he looks at me. Like I'm no one. Thank you for your help."

"Adoian, listen to the girl tutoring you, she will bring a lot of good things upon you. I've met her. She is an interesting one. You know what? I've seen you learned swordsmanship, let's practice a little."

Adoian went with his brother to the training grounds where some of his family's guards were training and practicing.

"Master Dionis you came to play?"

"No. Today I'm seeing what my brother has learned so please give us some privacy."

"Right, have fun young masters."

"Pick your weapons."

"I'll take a dagger and a rapier."

"Nice choice, then I'll take a sword and shield. Show me what you've learned."

Before having any time to prepare, Dionis jumps in front of Adoian and tried to strike him. But Adoian managed to dodge very quickly, getting behind his brother and throwing his wood knife at him. Hitting his brother in the arm he held the shield.

"That was really good. I'm going to throw my shield. Be prepared."

Dionis threw himself into the battle and after a small exchange of blows, Adoian fell to the ground.

"You're improving very quickly. Soon I might be in trouble."

"Please, brother. You went easy on me. After all, you are a Captain at such a young age. At dueling, you are probably the best in our family."

"So you knew. Well, I've never fought our father, but between us brothers that's true."

"Is our father skilled in swordsmanship?"

"I really don't know. He never wants to spar with me. But I've heard that he had a duel 80 years ago with a Goliath and that the Goliath never stood a chance." 

"I'm going to my room to rest a little."

"Okay, but remember this. You can do great things if you use your abilities to the fullest."

"Thanks, brother!" and Adoian went to his room. 

After he got there he started to work with the thieve's tools, trying to picklock the small chest that he had. And for the first time, he managed to do so. With this in mind, Adoian goes to sleep thinking about how tomorrow he will learn such an interesting trick.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Adoian Darkeyes part 7

"What should I do? I don't have time for thinking, just run Adoian!" Adoian thinks to himself as he starts to run to the exit...