sâmbătă, 28 iulie 2018

Adoian Darkeyes part 2

"What should I do now?", Adoian thought to himself.

"Adoian come down now, all the guest left", said his father angrily.

"Sorry, I've been here with Savious for a while"

"What did you talk with that man? He is a disgrace to our family, I hope he didn't try to convince you to do anything stupid. That man is the worst of the worst, he is a pirate.", said Adoian father with spite.

"Yeah, I know that he isn't very loved, but how did he become this way?"

"It's an old story that doesn't matter, you should focus on different things. Tomorrow we are going to take a small trip to the Blackblood family. So go to sleep."

"Yes, father", said Adoian.

After that he went to his room, he locks a small chest that he has near his bed and starts picklocking. But he found soon enough that this was not an easy feat.

The following morning he woke very early and went to the Darkblood family, the family who now served as ambassadors in the human kingdom. The meeting was as usual, very formal and not very interesting, but something unexpected happened to Adoian just before leaving. He met someone, a small girl around his age, who very boldly tried to cast some sort of spell at a mannequin.

"Oh, I see that your daughter is getting better at magic.", said Adoian's father.

"It is the only thing she does every day, she doesn't care about politics, she thinks it is stupid. But she is very diligent with her studies."

"Oh, is she now? Then we might have something to talk about in the following days. I am going to contact you later."

After they left Adoian asked: "Isn't Blackblood a very old family, as well?"

"Of course they are. You know the elf empire is ruled by the king with the help of twelve counselors. This is the first circle, which we are part of. Every family that has a member in this council has another family as helpers, that being the second circle. The Blackblood family are our helpers. These families are the ones who help us, not serve us, are as old as we are. The only difference is that in the history of our people their families never had a ruler. The families in the council must have in their history a king, that's the only criteria."

"Then why is that girl trying so hard to do something...?"

"I am happy to see that you are interested in someone. Well, she is a genius, I dare say the person with the highest abilities in her family. She is going to be a wonderful asset to our kingdom. She cast her first spell when she was only two years old."

"But why does she do that?"

"I do not know for sure, but she might do that because she wants her family to be recognized as one of the finest, she probably sees the job of an ambassador as a job that is not important enough for their history. But you can ask her if you want."

"Is that right?"

"Listen to me very carefully, if not for the Blackblood activity, our kingdom would be at war. She is not the only special one in her family."

After that event, Adoian's life went back to normal. But after about a year his father came at him very angry.

"Your teacher said that you are neglecting your studies, why do you do that?"

"I can't find anything that I like, everything is boring. Not to mention the teacher keeps telling me that I should be more like my brothers, which I don't like."

"I guessed that much. I'm bringing someone your age to mentor you, hopefully, you will find it easier to learn."

"Who?"

"Come and see." They went to the living where he saw a girl about his age. "Adoian, this is Emma Blackblood. She is going to tutor you in history and diplomacy."

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Adoian Darkeyes part 7

"What should I do? I don't have time for thinking, just run Adoian!" Adoian thinks to himself as he starts to run to the exit...