miercuri, 4 iulie 2018

Adoian Darkeyes

This is going to be a story in many parts.

Adoian is the first DnD character that I have ever made. And I still think he's the best I've done so far. He is a red-haired High Elf who fled from his life of nobility into the big world.

Adoian is from the Darkeyes family, one of the most powerful families in the elven kingdom, so he is well versed in persuasion, deception and all charisma based skills. But unfortunately, he was never a man of knowledge, as when he was supposed to learn he usually was hiding on the rooftops of his house.

At a very young age, he learned that the best weapon is a good dagger, easy to hide, and if you throw it correctly it's devastating.

But his life was not what he wished for. Being so young and in such a confined place he dreamt of seeing the big and beautiful world. The only books he enjoyed were the ones about sailors, so he wished to become one. But he thought that that was impossible due to his origin.

But he kept dreaming.
Even from a very early age his parents saw this inclination of their son, but they didn't want to spoil the family name with a sailor in it, so they tried to show Adoian how good of a life it is, one in which you can have literally anything. But Adoian didn't truly care. He wanted a life full of adventure, not a scholars life, or the life of a politician.

So he started learning the way of disappearing.

At his 10th birthday party, the Darkeye family had an unexpected guest. Adoian's grand-grandfather, who was in a pretty bad relationship with his family, but he was allowed to visit them every now and then nevertheless.

The party was normal, he received some gifts, very influential people in the elven empire came and showed their respect. But after a good 3 hours or so he got bored and he started to think of a way to escape, so he slowly got out of the balcony and climbed on the roof of his house. But for the first time in his life, he was not alone on the roof. He saw his grand-grandfather Savious who said:

''Oh, look at you, did you got bored already? And you came here, you are not all that bad Adoian."

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, you know our family is pretty old. This was my hiding spot 600 years ago."

"This house was here even then?"

"Our family is quite old. At some points in time in the past, I believe we even had some kings. This house is here, from what I gathered, from the 10th year of our existence in this plane. So yes, this small prison is pretty old."

"Small prison?"

"Aye! This place is a prison. That I've escaped from, so I'm not exactly the pride of the family."

"Where did you go?"

"I was and still am a sea dog. I hunt for treasures and for wealth wherever I can find it."

"Ah! So you're just like them. But you do it in a different way."

"Hahaha! You're so young, kid. Try to remember my words, true wealth doesn't consist of money or ignots, true wealth is experience, it's a thrill. I don't care about money, I will steal from rich, just because I want to feel the thrill of getting caught, I travel because I love the sea, I love having everything open. Wealth is the people you call friends and family. Gold is indeed a way of getting to wealth, but it is a cheaters way. That way you will find happiness hard to acquire. Mark my words."

"I want to escape this prison too."

"Oh! I never thought that anyone from my family will say that. If you want freedom then take this."

"What is this?"

"This is my gift for you. This is the thing that can open most doors, while for the rest you will need friends. Maybe we will see each other in our journeys if you manage to escape this place."

"Tha..", but before Adoian finished the word, Savious disappeared. 

This is the first part of the background of Adoian. I'll try to post the next one as soon as possible.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Adoian Darkeyes part 7

"What should I do? I don't have time for thinking, just run Adoian!" Adoian thinks to himself as he starts to run to the exit...